Monday, July 13, 2009

Patience

A long time ago, a wise friend challenged me to read "a Proverb a day"... since there are 31 chapters in the book of Proverbs, it's perfect. Verse 3 from today's chapter (Proverbs 13) spoke to me regarding my behavior this weekend...

"He who guards his mouth preserves his life. But he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction."

Little did I know, it was "that time of the month" (I haven't had my period since I got pregnant with my baby) and I was very emotional, impatient and short-tempered this weekend. I tried very hard just to keep my mouth shut so I won't say anything hurtful or wrong... because like this verse says, our lips/our words can lead to destruction.

I also just started going through the book of James and I noticed that these verses relate to the Proverbs above:

"Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete lacking nothing." (v2-4)

I believe that part of what God was teaching me this weekend was PATIENCE. Patience with my husband, patience with my kids... and patience with guarding my mouth. I thank God for the trials that He gives me because I know He is maturing me, keeping me humble and dependent on Him. I pray that He will help me to be PATIENT in all circumstances... even during "that time of the month".

No comments:

Post a Comment