Monday, July 27, 2009

Love Is...

I was reviewing this past Sunday's message on 1 Corinthians 13.. the message on LOVE. In the first few verses in this chapter, Paul says that even if you have the most amazing gifts and do wonderful things with them, if you don't have LOVE then you're just like a sounding brass or a clanging symbol.

This brings it to perspective for me... It makes me think about why I do things for others...or simply why I am who I am. Do I do things to have a good reputation, or to get praise or approval, or to look good and be good, or to feel good, or for who knows what other self-seeking motives? I pray that God would help me to comprehend what LOVE is, and to simply live my life loving Him and loving His people. I pray that I would love like Jesus... because He is LOVE.

In the famous verses (v4-7) the pastor substituted the word "Jesus" for "Love" and it read like this:

"Jesus suffers long and is kind;
Jesus does not envy;
Jesus does not parade Himself, and is not puffed up;
does not behave rudely, does not seek His own,
is not provoked, thinks no evil;
does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Jesus never fails."

LOVE never fails.
LOVE always wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment