Thursday, July 16, 2009

Friends

I love this prayer chart (on the left) which reminds me to pray for the many people, as well as the many things that are going in my life and in this world . Not that you can't pray for certain things on other days... this just helps me (to at least attempt) to cover all things in prayer.

Today, I am praying for my "friends". Throughout my life, the Lord has blessed me with such wonderful friends.. I am constantly amazed at how He brings people into my life at His perfect timing to help, encourage and lift me up.

Like many, I have friends who I have constant contact and I know how to pray for their specific needs. There are others who I haven't talked to in a while but I am thinking and praying for them as well, that God is pursuing them and showering them with His love wherever they may be.

I also pray that God will help ME to be a better friend. I pray that He would help me to put my selfishness, pride and judgments aside.... and put others before myself, to be compassionate, kind, generous, and full of grace.

Jesus said, "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends."
John 15:13

Thank you my friends... who have laid down your life for me.. who have sacrificed your time, energy and resources to help me during my times of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment